Course Contents Classroom Basic Providers
- Geriatric specific content on fall prevention, epidemiology, polypharmacy, end-of-life issues and do-not-resuscitate orders.
- Trauma care and disaster care for older patients.
- Case scenarios to encourage student interaction and discussion.
- An exploration of mobile integrated healthcare-community paramedicine (MIH-CP) and the EMS role in patient advocacy.
- Videos on MIH-CP, elder abuse and trauma care for the elderly, featuring real-world scenarios that demonstrate assessing, treating and communicating with older patients.
- Small group discussion and simulations including a station that allows students to experience vision, sensory and movement disorders, deepening their understanding of and compassion for geriatric patients
Course Contents Classroom Advanced Providers